If you are in need of counseling services but are unable to leave your home or are too busy to rush around trying to make your appointment, you can take advantage of our Telehealth option for therapy. Without leaving your home you can still receive the same quality of care from the comfort of your home. Telehealth is a great option and can meet all your needs: Quality Therapy, Faith-Honoring, Affordable, Safe, and Convenient.
What Equipment Do You Need?
- A Computer, Laptop, Tablet or Phone that has the ability to make and receive video calls.
- A reliable internet or data connection (we recommend at least 10MBS speed for good quality video calls).
- Tip: Use a Free Pre-Call Test Tool to make sure everything is working properly.
Meet our Telehealth Specialist
Counselor: Spanish and English
Call Priscilla Today To Set An Appointment
You Get a Reminder Email
The day of your appointment, approximatly 10 minutes before the call will start, you will get a reminder email (or text if you’ve opted in for that) with a unique link to join.
Click the Meeting Link
You may need to copy/paste the meeting link into a browser in some cases. For mobile devices, you will first need to download the “Telehealth by SimplePractice” app.
Click "Join Video Call"
From there, you are where you need to be for your session. If you’ve joined a little bit early, your counselor may not have joined yet – but they will be on shortly.
Tip: For laptops or desktops, make sure your have the camera and microphone settings enabled. Learn how here.
Helpful Telehealth Tips
Start a Little Early
Join the call several minutes before the start time to make sure there aren’t any issues.
Download the App
If you’re joining with your smart phone, be sure to download the “Telehealth by SimplePractice” app on the iOS or Android app store.
Use a Pre-Call Tool
We reccommend using a tool like TokBox to make sure your sound and video are working.
Let Us Know If There Are Issues
We’re here for you, so if you’re running into issues or need to rechedule, give us a call.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I do to do improve the quality of the connection?
If you live in an area with slow internet, this can really affect the speed of your connection. Here are some basic steps that can improve the overall quality:
- Use wired Ethernet instead of wifi whenever possible. Wifi will work, but you may experience a lag and interference, which can make your video and audio choppy. If you experience a lag or interference while using Wifi, we recommend moving closer to your router. However, wired internet will give you a much smoother, more consistent experience.
- Test your internet connection speed. Google provides an easy way to test your internet connection directly from the google homepage. Simply search: internet speed test. Click the blue button that says Run Speed Test. If it is under 10mbps and you’re using wifi, try using a wired internet connection or restarting your router.
- Close other programs. If you have several programs running in the background, closing them will almost certainly improve the quality. Also, make sure you’re not downloading any large files.
If you are unable to connect, please contact us as soon as possible to see if we can help you troubleshoot.
What should I do if I didn’t get the reminder with the link?
Contact me if you did not get the link so I can send it to you via email or secure messaging.
What is SimplePractice?
SimplePractice, LLC is my practice management software for scheduling, case management, and Telehealth, and therapy notes. SimplePractice uses a HIPAA-compliant software so your information will be secure.
How should I prepare my space for a Telehealth appointment?
Identify a suitable room that is quiet, private, and free of distractions. To keep background noise to a minimum, close doors, shut windows, turn off the television, and keep loud pets in another room if possible. Consider hanging a “Do Not Disturb” sign on the door to avoid interruptions.
Is Telehealth private?
Just like a face-to-face appointment, your Telehealth visit will be private and confidential.
Will the appointments be recorded?
None of our appointments will ever be recorded or stored.